Reposted from EPIA (image added):SOLAR-ERA.NET, a European network of more than 20 RTD and innovation programmes in the field of solar electricity technologies, has announced its first set of calls for proposals for funding of PV and CSP.
The overall public funding budget for both PV and CSP is €12 million. Published on 6 March 2013, the transnational calls will finance the following PV topics:
- Innovative processes for inorganic thin-film cells & modules
- Dedicated modules for BIPV design and manufacturing
- Grid integration and large-scale deployment of PV
- High-efficiency PV modules based on next generation c-Si solar cells
- Solar glass and encapsulation materials
The calls are set up as a two-step procedure; the main deadlines are:
- 15 May 2013: submission of the pre-proposals
- Mid-July 2013: pre-proposal feedback to proposers
- 9 October 2013: submission of full proposals and evaluation national/regional funding applications
- End 2013/beginning 2014: Final funding decisions communicated to proposers
The SOLAR-ERA.NET contributes to the attainment of the Solar Europe Industry Initiative objectives. See the calls page of the SOLAR-ERA.NET website for more information.